Saturday, December 12, 2009

Dr. Oz Show



Ciao,
I was invited by my good friend and fellow Alzheimer's Warrior Michelle Muir, to go down to the Dr. Oz Show. I thought it was a good show, and you're all going to find it pretty helpful.

I think he basically shot a week worth of segments, and I was there for the Alzheimer's segment. It was all last minute, I only heard about it the day before, but it was cool. There was plenty of time to go.

They had me in with about 20 people on the panel to discuss Alzheimer's in a town hall style meeting. The question format changed somewhat before we got there earlier in the day and lucky me (???) I didn't get a chance to say anything. There was definitely something I wanted to say but I think it would have taken the piece slightly off topic, so I guess it worked out better this way. I'll have to wait for another opportunity.

It was a great experience though, seeing how they organize the shows, move the people in and out, run the prompters, the lights, and the cameras. I have a load of respect for a good talk show host and his crew. They work under a lot of pressure. My hat is off to Dr. Oz and my own personal favorite host. . . Leeza.

It was also good to see my friends from the Alzheimer's Association (Hudson Valley Chapter) again. Also, I had a chance to see my friend Marilynn Garzione who is the author of "Released to the Angels" - a caregiver's journey. She had something great to say on the Dr. Oz Show. Check out here website and pick up her book when you can. http://www.releasedtotheangels.com/

All in all it was an exciting experience.

Keep an eye out for the show on TV. You'll never recognize me, I cleaned up my act before I went down to the studio. Well actually I just blew my cover with that photo of me and Marilynn.


World up,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment